Advertisements
Advertisements
Just wanted to say 'hey' to everyone on this forum. I'm the guy who found those index files about 8 years ago (sure doesn't feel like it was that far back). I wanted to take this time to apologize for anyone who contacted me for help on the files & didn't get a response back. I had a few ups & downs in my search & discovery, and during that time, I was fortunate enough to help a LOT of people with their searches by starting w/ these index files. To be perfectly honest, I burned out, quickly. While it was such an unbelievable feeling to help so many of you and to hear about so many positive reunion stories, it kinda took a toll on me, emotionally. So, I took a few years off to focus on my own sanity and reunion (but that's a whole other story).
I feel I have a close bond with this board. I met so many great people out there who are willing to help and who I was able to help. It has brought back so many fond memories reading back through the posts & my PMs. Thanks to all of you who supported me during that time.
For all of you who are starting your search - it's not impossible!! In most cases, all the information you need is out there, somewhere, it's just a matter of knowing where to look & who to ask. I started basically w/ my non-id, and in two months time, had all the information I ever needed re: my birth family. Whatever you do, don't let the little obstacles get you down. If you're intent on reaching that goal, you will get there. And if you don't feel as if you can go about it on your own, there are plenty of great people on this board who are more than willing to lend a helping hand.
With all that, thank you for reading, it's great to be 'back', and if there's ever anything I can do to help you out with you search, please let me know. I've learned more than a few tips of the trade over the years and am more than willing to share. Take care everyone.
Hi Luca! I understand about the burn out thing as I have already had to take a week or two off simply due to the stress of never finding good info, yk? Hang in there!
Advertisements
Hi Lucadebrasi I am currently trying to find my baby sister that was adopted in NC. She was born Dec 3,1979 in Winston-Salem NC. I saw your post about the birth records but could never access them can you help me? Her name is Melissa Dawn Belden at birth:confused: