Advertisements
Advertisements
[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/vietnamese-women-freed-fr_n_827595.html?ref=fb&src=sp]Thai Police Free 14 Women From Illegal Baby-Breeding Farm In Bangkok[/url]
Almost impossible to fathom. Enslaved women being raped or artificially inseminated in order to breed human babies for adoption in Taiwan.
Oh, sweet mercy. We know modern day slavery is alive and well in various forms, but to read about it and realize that it is indeed real...
Advertisements
Wow...seems very hard to believe because it is not at all easy to adopt from Taiwan...so how do they get these babies out of the country???
becky
Wow...seems very hard to believe because it is not at all easy to adopt from Taiwan...so how do they get these babies out of the country???
It's for domestic adoption within Taiwan. And honestly, if they have no problem enslaving women and raping them to create babies, I am sure they have no problem fudging adoption records.
Absolutely revolting...
ANYONE who would participate in this type of adoption does not deserve to be a parent EVER. Baby buying is just NOT acceptable...ever...
Kind regards,
Dickons
yuck....I knew bangkok had a reputation for trafficking for the purpose of prostitution, but....goodness.
Advertisements
I'm not an adoptive parent but just happened on this post. I read the article and am just more confused. It didn't explain how or why the Vietnamese women ended up in Thailand, only that about half knew they'd be having babies and the others felt tricked. It definitely didn't explain why they'd use Vietnamese women to have babies in Thailand for Taiwanese couples, or even if the people ordering babies by email off some website were Taiwanese. Could it have just been a Taiwanese woman in charge who was selling them to Americans or others? What country were they officially adopted from, or was it considered surrogacy, especially if the intended parents' sperm and possibly eggs were involved? Why didn't they just use Thai women? The whole thing seems bizarre and just poorly written. A part of me wants to know more but mostly I just hope that the babies yet to be born end up in the best possible situation for them and that the women are able to go on with their lives in some positive way. The fact some were raped boggles the mind, but I'm not sure I'll ever understand why people do the things they do.
This kind of trafficking is very common. Because the women operating the business were nationals from other countries they had connections to bring the women in and then they operated under the radar. A very common tactic of offering women work and then confiscating their passports. Rings have been broken up in this country as well for slave labor. Same set-up... owners are nationals from another country and offering jobs or education and then they force labor or prostitution. I'm horrified but not surprised.