Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
false allegations are scary, and people who have never ever done anything like stand up to the plate and be a foster parent will tell you all kinds of stories about what they have heard.
I have some experience in this area.
I had a teen make a false alligation against my then husband, she never would say what he did, only that she wasn't safe anymore, we found out later that she had made MANY alligations before, and we were told of NONE! There were also other factors. In the end she decided she didn't want to be adopted (which was the plan at the time) and the whole thing fell apart. She never lived with us, we had been visiting for 4 months.
Also, keep in mind a few things, it doesn't have to be teens to make false alligations. Sometimes little ones will unintentionally make an alligation. An example, I had a 4 1/2 year old, I took her swimming, I was sitting about 4 feet from her, she was on a raft and flipped the raft over. Me my sister and my friend were all right there. Her head went under the water for about a half of a second (litterally) she had never been in a pool before, and she panicked!!! honestly it was absolutly nothing at all....but omg.. she told the whole world about the time she "drowned" in the pool!!! She told her mom, she told her cw, she told everyone... They asked me about it, but that one never became a report...but it could have... sometimes little ones say things a little well..exaggerated!!
lastly, it's important to remember false alligations are not just sexual (although that's probably the worst!!) and they are not just against men...I have had a teen girl who I was very close too make more than one report on me.... one had some partial truth too it...but she added a few details to warrant the report... and the other was just a blantant bold face lie!! Both times this was not a case where she was angry, that's what was so scary about it...both times It was unfounded...
I truly loved being able to be a foster parent to the teens...I am going a different route for now, as I have teen neices and nephews, I have teen ffk that im close too and many of my friends have teens... Im hoping for a baby for a change...but honestly the teens were a lot of fun... a lot of work, and a lot of heart ache but a lot of fun!!
They may report, but it doesn't mean immediately ruining your life... MOST times the cw are familiar with this risk and as long as it's unfounded it will have little effect...