Advertisements
Advertisements
i filed my taxes on feb. 23, mailed them in with every court document avilable, a letter from our social worker statint that our children are special needs. however we only got back our reg. tax return direct deposit, two weeks ago. i checked the irs web on our status and it says its being reviewed and that we would get a packet explaining what info we need to further provide! and two weeks later i still have not recieved anything and im not quite sure what more they could need we sent them everything! is this normal? should i be worried?:o
Advertisements
Yep.. normal .. have you looked at any of the other threads about this issue? You will be quite amazed at how typical this is.. your right there with all the rest of us. Im sorry.
I have a question too. We adopted a special needs child in '06 but only claimed $400 in out of pocket expenses and didn't claim the special needs credit. Now we just found out that we are able to retroactively claim the special needs tax credit. We haven't filed our taxes yet this year (we don't owe so we don't need to file today) and were wondering if we needed to amend our '06 return or compete an 8839 this year for the '06 adoption. Also, does anyone know if the statute of limitations (if there is one) is today or do we have some time to get this all prepared and sent out properly? Thanks so much!!!
Thanks for the quick response Eagleswings.
I'd love to hear from the resident expert as well so DianeS, if you're out there, I'd love to hear from you!!!
It has been 8 weeks since the IRS confirmed receiving my adoption tax credit, there has never been anything listed online "Where's my Refund", received no mailing contact from IRS, when I call they say it is being reviewed, this was a special needs Can the IRS have my tax's for 12 weeks then request a review?
Advertisements
Welcome to the review club! We finally got a letter...saying we didn't need to do anything until further notice. Then we got another letter saying to send the stuff over again...then we got a letter saying they were still reviewing and planned to have any answer for us by July 29...
What is the difference between review and audit? I sent everything possible with my return I wish I knew why it takes so long whenever I call the person puts me on hold and comes back with it is under review, like it is not in the main computer system
I checked the website on Friday, and it said we were still in review. Saturday I went to get cash from the ATM and there was A LOT more money in my account than I expected! We finally got our Refund! :banana: Whoo-hoo!
:cheer: :laundry:
theLBs
I checked the website
nt to get cash from the ATM and there was A LOT more money in my account than I expected! We finally got our Refund! :banana: Whoo-hoo!
I am so happy for you I can just imagine how happy you are
Advertisements
I called IRS it has been 12 weeks since I sent my taxes in the the special needs adoption tax credit. I asked to speak to a tax advocate, this women really went off on me saying how her grandmother adopted her and didn't get any money for it, but they struggles along and now she is 55. She went on about "they are not going to have the tax credit next year. further stating that they can offer some assistance until you get your return but "it is a lot of paperwork and you have to be losing your house or something big" She said to wait another 6
weeks then call agin. I didn't get her number I was so upset. This is a tax advocate I thought that meant they were with us.
deHah
I called IRS it has been 12 weeks since I sent my taxes in the the special needs adoption tax credit. I asked to speak to a tax advocate, this women really went off on me saying how her grandmother adopted her and didn't get any money for it, but they struggles along and now she is 55. She went on about "they are not going to have the tax credit next year. further stating that they can offer some assistance until you get your return but "it is a lot of paperwork and you have to be losing your house or something big" She said to wait another 6
weeks then call agin. I didn't get her number I was so upset. This is a tax advocate I thought that meant they were with us.
Uncalled for! If I were you, I'd call again. A couple of years ago we had a delay getting our refund after I changed my name after marriage. Every time I called, I got someone different. That was a pain, then, but may be a blessing for you! Good luck to you.
After failed IVF we decided to go down the adoption path. Since we spent most of our money on IVF I'm trying to figure out if we can do a domestic adoption. My head is swimming and I just can not figure out how the tax credit works. My dad does my taxes and it all is lie Chinese to me. Refund, liability, credit??? Could someone PM me and explain it like I'm 12? Thans a bunch