Advertisements
Advertisements
My son is 6 1/2 years old he has never met his bio sperm donor (i don't use the term father or dad because he has never done a single thing to help). The bio has come up with so many excuses as to why my son is not his but refuses to take a DNA test. My husband was at the birth of my son and has supported him since the day he was born and has always treated him as his own. We have been married for almost 3 years now. I had his rights terminated in the state of arizona in may of 2008. He is almost 15k behind in child support. I just need to know where i need to start to have my husband adopt my son.
sperm donor is a red flag phrase here on a.com.
No matter how frustrated you are with BF, he didn't sign up to make you pregnant as a favor. Thus the phrase is not applicable
While I understand your frustration, I implore you to separate your feelings of frustration and anger from the decision of adoption.
My mom was as angry as you when we were being raised.. talked bad about my father. Blamed him for everything. At the time, I parroted her views. But as i grew up, I began to resent her putting walls up between my and my father. My relationship with my mom was forever damaged as a result.
Have you considered what would happen should your relationship with your current husband ends?
Listen. I hear your frustration. I understand a wonderful man has stepped up. In my case, 4 men stepped up after my parents divorced. All of whom were full of promises and willing to take over. All of whom are long gone
if possible, I'd suggest therapy for you to help deal with your past relationship. Once you deal with the anger, revisit the adoption suggestion
best of luck to you
Advertisements