Advertisements
Advertisements
We took custudy last week. The hearing to terminate parental rights is next Monday. Bio Mom has not worked her case plan and cant test clean. The County has also denied the Grandparents placement because they are still in touch with the Bio Mom, and lets her stay in their home occasionalli. I hear they enable her. Also, they smoke, and the little girl has severe reactions. She has bronchitis and Reactive Airways Disease. Even smoke in clothes causes issuees. She spent 4 days in the hospital the week before she came to us.
The Judge did grant the Grandparents an extra hour of visits each week (2 hrs total). Im wondering if he'll overrule the Counties decision.
Has anyone had this happen to the preadoptive placements?
Tam
in 2005 we had 2 kids in riverside county. they were headed towards being our preadoptive placement. county said no way these kids would be ru'd. at a hearing one day the county worker recommended they head towards tpr, and the judge ordered the kids reunified immediately. mom was a repeat customer @ cps for drug usage...and had only been clean and in out patient drug treatment for 30 days when this happened. no one could believe it.
so , yeah...judges over rule the county sometimes...i'm just not sure how often.
Advertisements
YES! We are going through this situation now with our fs'. The CW's, the therapists and every county employee involved in the case recommended TPR. We were even at a point where everything was moved OUT of foster and into adoptions. Then, the TPR trial took place and the judge moved everything to RU. Bdad is in prison and bmom is working her case plan.
This is another case where bmom and here WHOLE family have a history with CPS going back 20+ years. Mind you, she has two sisters with 6 kids each!
If your bmom is NOT testing clean, you have a pretty good chance they will Terminate Rights.
My luck to you in this world of uncertainty.
I'm sure everything will go just fine on Monday.
The hearing was rescheduled from Monday to today at 1:30. It also happens to be my husbands birthday.
Its either going to be an awesome birthday present or a not so nice one.
Tam
JeepGal
The hearing was rescheduled from Monday to today at 1:30. It also happens to be my husbands birthday.
Its either going to be an awesome birthday present or a not so nice one.
Tam
Crappy Birthday for my poor husband.
Grandparents got custody, even though the county denied them.
Please pray for all of us.
Tam
Advertisements