Advertisements
Advertisements
Well. I am going to start by saying my mother was full blooded Blackfoot Indian. I was told stories about her, by her and by others.. Theres one that sticks out in my mind. Many years ago. back in the 30's, it was told that white men had taken females girls and young women that were of blackfoot. tribe.. One of the stories my mother was told is that alot of the papers of the blackfoot nation was seperate from the people. and when they women and children were taken. it was burned down. for what reason I do not know. If you seen my mother and her family. you can tell right away that there were no one that looked like her at all. she was very dark complected with the very very hight cheeck bones. she was 5"4, pictch black hair. it was told also that my grandmother was pregant with my mother at the time of them being taken.. I don't know how much of this was true. but I do believe my mother. I will never forget the story she told of her so called father would get drunk and pass out and she would steal money out of his pocket so she could eat... there are just alot of stories.. and it was told that she was born in Quincy illinois. I also was told that my so called garndfather use to live by a reservation where y grandmother had lived and he would hear my grandmother sing in indian and crave her so badley. so you see. all the stories tha have been told. I would love to hear of others that heard simurlar stories of this nature if anyone has any.. thank you. if anyone happens to know of a blackfoot woman that was pregant at that time (1937ish) of being kidnapped,, please by all means..tell the storie..
Just curious if anyone heard the same kind.
Thank you