Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey! I'm 20 years old and live in England and I wish to adopt, but I don't really know anything about it so I have a few questions.
My first one is, can I adopt at 20 or do I have to be 21?
Will being single make a difference?
Can you adopt older children from around 5 and up.
Do I have to be working?
Do I have to own my own place?
Do you have to drive?
Can you adopt more than one child?
I need as much information I can get so I know what I'm doing, so please if any one has adopted could you please share what you know. Thank You :D
"My first one is, can I adopt at 20 or do I have to be 21?" - You have to be 21 years old.
"Will being single make a difference?" - No it doesn't although it helps if you have help/support from family members and/or friends.
"Can you adopt older children from around 5 and up." - Yes and it is easier to adopt older children as they are harder to place due to adopters wanting to adopt infants/newborns.
"Do I have to be working?" - No you don't you just need to prove you are suitable - that's meant in the nicest possible way :flowergift:
"Do I have to own my own place?" - No
"Do you have to drive?" -No
"Can you adopt more than one child?" - Yes and social workers like to keep siblings together anyway.
I haven't adopted nor intend to due to personal reasons so hope you don't mind responding.
You need to gothrough social services or an adoption agency to adopt. Do a google search for adoption agencies in your area. It takes about 8 months to approved which includes going to an information evening, doing a course, references checked, a medical and being CRB checked.
Advertisements