Advertisements
Advertisements
So it looks like if things don't go "our way" at the hearing they might take mom to a KLG trial insteal of TPR trial (with the other FP). I think this would be the biggest mistake ever! Mom is willing to consent to KLG with us but not with other FP. GAL basically stated that she feels if they win KLG (which they don't want- they want adoption) it will be a failed KLG. I am soo scared that my STBAD is going to have such a difficult time having a relationship with her bio sisters if this happens. I am all for RU with mom but I feel she needs so much more time and the girls have been in care for over 18 months as it is. I really feel that if KLG were with us she would not seek to RU after that and be OK with a continued relationship with them while in our care. UGH. So after that long whine....does anyone have any experience with KLG trials? Anyone currently doing KLG with someone who is NOT family/kin? Anyone have any opinions in this? Thanks. Since our hearing is so far away and that is probably when we will hear about the results of the latest bonding eval I wil be fretting for a LONG time!! Any opinions, advice or related stories are welcome to occupy my mind after the peanut has gone to bed!!!!!!!!
We are LG of J we had a very simple court hearing the GAL turned in a report and the judge went along with it. I wish now we would have fought the CW and ask for adoption only as we have had to do TPR on our own but on the other hand we are in charge of visits and everything. That is nice we can keep him safe that way.
Advertisements
JSAUNTIE
We are LG of J we had a very simple court hearing the GAL turned in a report and the judge went along with it. I wish now we would have fought the CW and ask for adoption only as we have had to do TPR on our own but on the other hand we are in charge of visits and everything. That is nice we can keep him safe that way.
WOW! So you were granted guardianship and then you filed for TPR with the court yourselves? What happened to make you do that? I like the idea of KLG but worry a bit about the effect it might have on the older girls that their sister is adopted but they are not. The baby will have my last name but they will retain the BD's (even though he isn't in the picture at all.) It is an odd situation for sure but I feel up to the challenge I think! Good luck with the judge's decision!! Fingers crossed for you!!
Well the state would not file TPR because biodad was sitting in jail awaiting trial on molesting his step child and bio mom joined the ARMY after the kids where in care for a couple months and by this time she was deployed. Sooo we took what we could get LG. When bio pled guilty and bio mom got back in the country she was still defending him and not believing her 5 yr old. So we took a leap of faith and filed to tpr in a county that doesnt TPR and has only had 1 TPR in 20 years the AW has been working there. We had a good old boy lawyer the first time around and he didnt file the correct paperwork. So this time we hired a big boy lawyer from the big city LOL and spent every dime we have. So if this fails it will not be easy to go for it agian. The bios have fought us tooth and nail. Bio dad can not have custody of him because he is sex offender. Mom told the judge she had no problem letting bio dad have unlimited contact with J as she was sure her older son was a false witness agianst them. OK I could go on and on but the LG was the easy thing to get as we where only in the courtroom for 5 min. The TPR trial was 13 hours over 2 days. I am so worried as bio mom has already told the judge if he denies the petition she will be filing for custody.
Oh man what a ride! We have a strong push for KLG here because the judges are really not for TPR. I have argued that KLG is kind of crap in most situations. It isn't real permenancy even though it is recognized by the court as such. The parents can file for custody and win still. But in our case I really think it can work. I think there has to be trust and a solid relationship between bios and guardians for KLG to really work as intended. That is our goal. The best realationship possible with all of the girls' bio family that will have a positive effect on their lives. Otherwise it is just (in my eyes) long term foster care that will eventually end up back in a court room. Your case (as it seems they all are in their own way) was quite unique! That looks like your only option at the time but sure didnt work out well. I am hoping and wishing for the right turnout for you and your FS.