Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi..this is my first time posting..we are relatively new foster parents (we have had our first fd since November when we brought her home from the hospital). The mom is pregnant again (due nov)... we were asked by our caseworker if we would accept the baby into our care (which we will). Mom moved this past weekend to a different county. Mom says she will get to keep the baby since she is now living in a new county (so none of the previous case plan items will apply).... does anyone know if mom is correct or not? What happens if the baby is born into a different county? Does our county still have jurisdiction over the baby or does the new county? Can they move our foster daughter to the new county? We are very confused . Thanks for the help. Tammy
Hi Tammy. I would think even if the mother moves out of state one office would need to notify the other. I would assume (or hope) there is some type of database to keep track of people who have children in foster care. Otherwise, what is stopping them from going to another state or county and having a baby? How will those children be protected? I don't know if your current county will have jurisdiction since she has moved - but I would think they have the responsibility to notify the county she is moving too - especially if its in the same state. I doubt they would move your fd especially if she has been with you a while. If anything, the bm would probably not see her since she is moving away. I would definitely suggest asking the cw if you haven't done so already. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Advertisements