Advertisements
Advertisements
I assumed that placing the child back with their first country was a option because I swear I read a post similar to this before. Possibly I got confused...but I am sure it was someone posting for their best friend who wanted to return their daughter. I find it unusual that a friend would be posting such a personal story...so it stuck out to me.
I am not sure how it works, but it seems to me that this would work no differently than if a parent in the US did not want to parent their biological child any longer. Wouldn't social services be a resource to place the child in foster care? But you say that the father still wants to parent the child? Not sure social services would touch this untill both parents have reached the same decision. What a difficult situation for all involved.
You say they were in family therapy? While that is certianly commendable...you did not mention if the girl was in any individual therapy. It sounds like intensive individual therapy would be a must for this little girl. Being a bully at school is not too hard to figure out...and not too hard to work on actually. However, hurting animals is a huge issue and individual therapy may have a bigger impact. What about medicaitons? I am aware that there is quite a bit of controversy about using medications on children/adolescents.....but possibly a doctor should evaluate her and her family can weigh the risks VS benefits.
You say your friend is done at this point. However you also talk about her depression. Is she getting help for that? It is never a good idea to make such a big and permenant decision while struggling with depression. Possibly a respite situation while she gets help and her and her husband work on Their family before reintroducing the little girl is a option?
I will pray for them.