Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anybody know how to get any information on an adopted sibling? We don't have a complete birthday or county of birth. I called Iowa vital records and they said only a birth parent or the adoptee can request county of birth. We can't get very far without that info and my mother is deceased.
Plus, the info my mother did give us is different than what our aunt gave us.
Has anyone found another resource for this info in Iowa?
Do you know any information? you can register with the state of Iowa, there is a 25.00 fee.
Sometimes posting on here what little info you have can help.
Advertisements
Hi Ms Brown,
We don't know the exact DOB or county of birth. Only our mom knows, but she died. Iowa will only give county of birth to the adoptee or birthparent.
So, Im trying to see if there is another way.
ok, well I may not be the best person to ask. Im currently searching for my biological parents in Iowa and have hit a few snags myself. But what I would do is post all the info. you have on here. even If your not sure what true. Also ask any family member if they know anything. Do you know if it was a private adoption, or an agency??? Did your mom have a place that she kept important papers...Be nosy, read everything, you never know what you may find??? You can Also register with ISSR its a free registry that matches family member together. Iowa also has a registry thats 25.00 you can register with. Let me know if you have any other questions.