Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
racilious
Have you thought about approaching the agency she did place with and providing your contact information? .
Yes. I did contact the agency and gave my information. I don't know if it will get to the family though, the worker was not very nice at all, so I don't know what to think at this point. But, I think I have to let go for my own emotional health. I have been in counseling and that has helped but I feel a void. I really appreciate this site as it has given me a lot of perspective.
I agree too. I understand her "not wanting to place with family" after reading things on here, but when I suggested her placing with another couple (as I said in another thread) because C said it would be difficult for baby A to be called my daughter, C reconfirmed that she wanted to place with us. I know now all of this was wrapped up in addict behavior. She said she did not tell anyone she was on methadone because she did not "think it was a big deal" and if the baby had not been hospitalized she would of never told me. It was matter of me needing to know for medical reasons. I would of needed to relay that to her pediatrician. I know she drank heavily for the first 3 months, I wonder though what else she did not tell anyone because she "did not think it was a big deal". Maybe nothing, but I don't think there is much I can trust of what was said. I only know now that I have to protect myself and my family from all of that toxicity. I feel like, in way, God used this situation to get me away from it, and to show me that I need to stay away from that portion of my family- abusive mother, addicted siblings, aunt, uncles, etc.
Anyway thanks for responding. I have got a lot of support on this sight and it has gone a long way in my healing process. Just today I was thinking about how my better I am feeling :) .