Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! I thought I would introduce us a little before I start! :woohoo:
My DH and I have discussed fostering/adopting since back when we were dating. I always know it was something I wanted to do, and to my utter delight, DH is open to it as well.
We have two young children, a daughter that is 6 and a son that is 3. We aren't ready to either foster or adopt yet, as my husband is still in school (2 more years! AHHHH)
and we rent a place that is simply not big enough to house another child. :( Hopefully, once he's done with college and we buy a house, we will be able to get the ball rolling. Until then, I have devoted myself to learning as much about the process as I can, so that when we get down to the homestudy and such, I know what to expect! I have read through the foster care manual book for Georgia (Or maybe my county??) twice, as i have it saved to my computer. But I know there is so much more I could learn!
I am a former foster child myself, so I know a bit about being IN the system... but I have no experience (yet) with dealing with it from this side. But I can not wait to start!!