Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I am planning a move from California to somewhere in Maricopa county can anyone help me with cities to stay away from, and areas that are good to raise a family. thank you
It really depends on what you want, where you're working (if you're working) and what you can afford. We live on the west side of the valley, which is booming -- which can be a major pain, because there's always construction going on somewhere, but it's also reassuring that we're in a healthy, growing area.
One thing that I think is pretty rampant throughout the entire valley is high amounts of foreclosures, which is making pretty much every area accessible to most budgets and giving a lot of diversity. My best advice? Sit down, decide what exactly you want, what you can compromise with, and what doesn't matter - then go from there.
If you've already moved - I hope you're enjoying it! At least it's getting cooler now. :banana:
Advertisements
Stay far, far away from Maryvale area. You are also taking a chance with south Phoenix, even the new developments. Of course every area has its good and bad but overall if you stay on the East side and suburbs (Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale) and East Phoenix you will be better off. Personally I have always said I would never live on the West side but there are plenty of people who do and love it. Just my opinion :)
Your commute to work can make or break your quality of life. I would consider the logistics of your drive into where you decide to move. Good luck.
I know this post is a little older now, but I'll chime in! : )
Stay away from Avondale on the West side. However, we lived on the West side in Goodyear across from the new Cleveland Indians ballpark and it was just "okay." We moved to Litchfield Park and LOVED it! It's older and the houses/condos are all 70s-80s style, but it's quiet, clean, and there's a man-made lake and resort there. I worked in South Phoenix down on 24th & Baseline--avoid at all costs!
We got married last year in Gilbert and it's such a cute town. If we weren't in love with Litchfield Park, we'd probably have rented or bought a house there. The Surprise area's nice too, but kind of far from everything and still developing. My DH's military so we got sent all over the place and now we're in Tucson. We'd go back to Litchfield Park or live in Gilbert, Mesa, or Scottsdale (though Scottsdale will cost an arm & a leg) if we could.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for... I loved Avondale and thought Surprise was AWFUL because of all the traffic on Bell Rd (although other than that, I loved the town). :drive:
Advertisements
bookishmom
I guess it depends on what you're looking for... I loved Avondale and thought Surprise was AWFUL because of all the traffic on Bell Rd (although other than that, I loved the town). :drive:
Lol, I meant Avondale south of the I10--old Avondale around Western Ave. ;) And I agree traffic up on Bell Rd.'s kind of ridiculous. For some reason, when I think Surprise, I think north of Luke AFB where those fields are...if that makes sense? haha