Advertisements
Advertisements
It took our agency 10 weeks to process our application, but we're done now. I feel extremely relieved and am happy to be done with this part.
Now, bring on the kids!!!!
BTW- we're licensed in ID for 0-5, either gender. It'll be an adventure.
Congrats!:cheer:
I am on week 6 of waiting for my license! You gave me hope that it will be soon! Hopefully, I can be patient for another 4 weeks if I have to be:grr:
Hopefully your phone will be ringing soon!
Advertisements
Another Idahoan here!!!
We've been foster parents for a little over 2 years now and have had 35 kids come through our home...most for respite or emergency shelter care! It's been a great experience!:clap:
Have fun! What region are you in?
We're in Bonner County. No phone calls yet :( I keep expecting it to happen any moment- which is an exhausting game to play. I don't know which is worse- waiting for the license or waiting for the placement.
Foster parent support group tomorrow at the DHHS office. Maybe I can tickle some ears ;)
Advertisements
We're in region 6. Been foster parents for 3 years. hklb, 35 in 2 years?! Wow! We've only had 9 in 3 years!
MI2AZ: We're in Canyon County (Region III) which is close to the population center of Boise (Ada county region IV) so that might be why we've had so many. Also, about 1/2 (17) of the 35 have been respite. So, we've only had 18 regular placements. We count every one coming through our home, though. They've each touched my heart in some way even if it was for only 2 or 3 days.
MissyPea: We waited 3 months for our first placement and they only stayed 2 days. But a month or so later, we got a call, then another call and we've been busy with kids ever since! Hold on, the kids you are to care for will be there soon! Is Bonner county up north? Do go to the foster parent support group...it's a great place to connect with people in your area. We go even when we don't have a placement...nowadays, that's not too often. Not many people really understand foster care so if you want to be around people in real life that actually understand what it's like, go.
Advertisements
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations. Our License came through last week while we were on vacation. We started our PRIDE training on 13 June (it was a 2 week intensive training course). So from start to license took 12 weeks. :clap: :clap:
Congrats! We are currently waiting for ours..... I was told atleast 2 wks, so......I better get prepared for several wks.
Advertisements
:clap: Good for you..
We haven't even started yet. I just called to ask about it today, so far she hasn't called back. :(