Advertisements
Advertisements
:confused: My 14 year old ado son asked his teacher to call me . She said that he wanted her to tell me that he was embarrassed that he had a white mom and that kids were making fun of him. he said he did not know how to tell me without hurting my feelings. I sat down with him tonight to say ask what was going on with Mrs.Teacher calling me about you did not want to hurt my feelings that kids were making fun of you that I was white? He said no it's not that.. I said well sweetie what is it cause i wont be mad that your embarrassed of me that I'm white and your not? He said I cant tell you cause you always take things personal and it will hurt your feelings, I said well I'll try not to be
hurt and try not take it personal but he had to tell me how he felt?
he said he preferred to no longer call me his mom cause I'm not his mom
that he would feel more comfortable like that. honestly I was stunned.
I said well if you recall it was you that asked CPS to bring you back to us after you were reunited back with your parents and it was you that asked us to adopt you and we talked about this alot before we adopted you and we kept asking you are you sure that you want us to be your forever family. He said yea but he just did that to have a safe place to live and he knew that we loved him. I told him yea that we love him very much and if he felt more comfortable not calling me mom any more then that was fine that he could call me what made him feel comfortable. I know RAD will show it's face now and then but I'm exhausted of trying to make him feel like were family. He is 14 and we have had him since he was 10 years old. I'm not mad but I am hurt and I will keep trying but it seems like loving him is not want he wants.
Would it be wrong for me to say ok, since you dont want me to be your mom and not be my son then I need to take that xbox and TV out of your room because real moms want to make there sons happy and give them what they want. I dont think our love matters to him so why keep trying... He refuses therapy, CPS had him in therapy for 2 years dealing with fear and trauma and said he will not