Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been stalking the forums for a while now. My husband and I are researching international adoption and are currently trying to pick our country. We are down to 12 so far - and a few of them are in Africa (I'm currently leaning towards Ethiopia. We even went to eat at an authentic Ethiopian restaurant that could cater to my Gluten Free diet, and it was AMAZING!)
I stumbled across this website and wanted to share it with all of you. I know one of the biggest hurdles in adoption, apart from the time and emotional energy, is financial.
Give1Save1.com is a wonderful website that was created in August to help families raise money towards their adoption cost. The idea is simply this: we dont all have a lot of money in this economy, but we all have $1. If everyone comes together to donate $1/week to the featured family or orphanage then, combined with everyone else, that will turn into a crazy blessing on these families and orphanages. You donate using Paypal.
They focus on African adoptions, so if you are currently in the adoption process and still need help with the expenses, why not see if you could be featured one of these weeks? Join the dollar mob while youҒre at it ($1/week will be automatically deducted from your Paypal account so you never forget) and spread the word. When its your turn, how great would it be to have thousands of people helping to fund your trips or application costs?:wings: