Advertisements
Advertisements
On a waiting child list I found a picture of a BEAUTIFUL little 2 yr old. The child is said to have malformed hands & feet, this isn't what concerns me. The info said this child doesn't move their wrists, elbows, knees, or ankles. I wasn't surprised that the child wasn't walking, due to their malformed feet, but I am worried at this info. Could it be an underlying medical condition? In all of the photos the 2 yr old is in so many layers that it makes them look... round. I understand that this is how many of the children are dressed by their nannies in China, but could this be the reason the 2 yr old isn't moving his/her joints? I mean I wouldn't if I had that many layers on! The baby's face shows that he/she isn't a skinny little one, but I have honestly never seen so many layers of clothes on one kid! (and I've seen pics of adopted kiddos with A LOT of clothes on!) But then again it could be a combo of those two theories. Has anyone ever encountered this before? Have any of you had a child that was said to not walk but really could when you took off some layers?
Thanks in advance!
There is a medical condition called Arthygriposis (sp?) I know a few kids who have this and it causes the joints to not bend. Some can be helped with surgery others just learn ways around it. I think that China is usually fairly accurate in it's medical descriptions, so I don't think it would just be the layers of clothing. The child could have a medical reason not to move those joints, or it could be cp or the joints may not be correctly formed.
Advertisements