Advertisements
Advertisements
*I posted this on my blog too, so sorry for the repetition - just couldn't come up with a "new" way to say this....*
Ive been kind of a mega brat this week. I just feel gross and icky and unsettled. I canҒt sleep. Work has been more of a challenge than usual, and I feel like Im letting balls drop. I am in a funk. Things are just not going well. Long Board and I are good Җ but a bit strained now and then.
So today at work, I was processing an invoice when I realized it was November 22.
And that Cupcakes birthday is November 23.
Ahhhh. Now it makes some sense. Of course, I KNEW that her birthday was the 23rd, I suppose I just forgot that the 23rd was already here҅..
And shes FIVE. Five.
Sometimes I just canҒt believe how we got here.
Advertisements
thanksgivingmom
*I posted this on my blog too, so sorry for the repetition - just couldn't come up with a "new" way to say this....*
Ive been kind of a mega brat this week. I just feel gross and icky and unsettled. I canҒt sleep. Work has been more of a challenge than usual, and I feel like Im letting balls drop. I am in a funk. Things are just not going well. Long Board and I are good Җ but a bit strained now and then.
So today at work, I was processing an invoice when I realized it was November 22.
And that Cupcakes birthday is November 23.
Ahhhh. Now it makes some sense. Of course, I KNEW that her birthday was the 23rd, I suppose I just forgot that the 23rd was already here҅..
And shes FIVE. Five.
Sometimes I just canҒt believe how we got here.
(((((TGM))))) I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you are.
I think our brains try to protect us but can't stop the effects totally. It's strange how our bodies and subconscious just KNOW even when we aren't consciously thinking about it.
Be nice to yourself these next few days, okay? I'm sending mental hugs your way.
Thanks everyone. Today's been....okay.
I woke up just SO incredibly nauseous. Long Board asked if I was pregnant and I gave him the evil eye. As I lay there in bed I remembered that I was one of those lucky pregnant ladies that seemed to have morning sickness the entire duration of the pregnancy. I DEFINITELY was sick on delivery day. Waking up that way today was not fun, but strangely...comforting?
As much as I hate that I get thrown out of whack and act a fool around this time, I kind of find a strange comfort in knowing that my body still remembers so strongly - and that it still connects us in that way, kwim?
Advertisements
I'm thinking of you today TGM and will be thinking of you tomorrow as well. (((hugs)))
28 years for me and it still hits me like a ton-o-bricks.
(((((TGM)))))
I've had both you and Cupcake in my thoughts and prayers all week. I can't believe she's already 5 years old! It seems like just yesterday that she was just a toddler.
LOL, my son will be turning 40 years old in several months, and I swear I have no clue where all the time went. Such is the way of life, from what I've been told by elder family members...
Did LB know today is Cupcake's b-day? Does he get the emotions this time of year brings? Just curious.
Advertisements
Ohhhh, happy birthday 5th Cupcake :cheer: (k, we totally need a cupcake icon).
TGM (huggggs), my children are now 19 (parented) and 17 and I have strong emotions around both their births. Just thinking...at this time X# of years ago I was... It is a connection between 2. Only 2. You 2. Celebrate that (or try to (more hugggggs)).
me-n-u
It is a connection between 2. Only 2. You 2. Celebrate that (or try to (more hugggggs)).
This.
And though I can't speak for TGM, Usisarah, I can tell you after witnessing my emotions over 28 birthdays my DH still doesn't understand the emotions the time brings. How could he possibly?
What me-n-u said....
Of course Paige. I guess I was wondering if some of the men in your lives know how to try to help during the times of year that are so hard for you guys, or if there's even anything that they can do to help.
I am definitely in the minority that birthdays were not such a huge trigger for me when my son was growing up, but a lot of things about adoption didn't bother me so much until my son was grown, and espeically since we reunited.
Birthdays for me were more bittersweet. I would be thinking about him more than usual, would celebrate in my own way, even from afar, etc. and would remember having him, what the day was like, the weather, the season, and so on, but they didn't get to me the way I know they do so many other moms in terms of being really down or debilitated. Since we've reunited, though, I find the time leading up to his birthday (in Dec) has me feeling so sad that I won't be spending it with him. Especially this year being his 30th, a milestone birthday, I so wish I could be there with him on that day. I wish we lived closer to each other. Holidays, too, are harder now, because I want to spend them with him. I think I am one of those moms for whom the difficulties really intensified over the years, rather than eased up. Bottom line, though, we need to take care of ourselves as best as we can during these times, and TGM please be extra good to yourself. It really is hard to believe Cupcake is already FIVE! Sending you many hugs and well wishes. And Happy Birthday to Cupcake!! :love:
Advertisements
I am late in this. Sorry, keeping away from triggers at the moment.
Hope you made it through the 23rd without issue.
Hard to believe she is 5 :D :clap: :clap:
I tend to have phantom pains from the 15th through the 21st of April, every year.
Late to the party as well... haven't checked in as often.
You know how much March sucks for me, even almost 20 years later...
just (((hugs)))