Advertisements
Advertisements
I just got home before Thanksgiving with two Russian children (2 and 4). Had to be back at work Jan 3rd. When does it get easier? How do you deal with all the anxiety and new worries? Help, please!
I just wanted to say you might want to post this on the Adoptive Parents Support subforum that has the most traffic. I know there are parents on a.com who can relate to what you are going through and will be happy to lend an ear or provide advice.
Just copy the post and in the title put X-post so no one gets confused.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Although we have been home 5 years now.......we feel your pain. Ours were 14 months and 2.75 coming home, first time parents......
Honestly for us, it took more than a year to really 'settle' in. It was survival mode for quite awhile. I know its different for everyone, but it was tough for us as they were pretty competitive for my attention (beyond what 'typical' kiddos need), and it was so draining.
Not sure what else to say other than enjoy your small victories and little moments and glimmers of what you were anticipating. Getting settled in is hard, and with the dynamics of two toddlers it is just crazy....its not your imagination, but will get better eventually.
With respect to the stress/anxiety........welcome to parenting.....that too will get better....hang in there!!!
Thanks for that. there are days when I can see that there are is going to be a time when we get there. But then there are still those days when I wonder what I got my self into. Its good to know that you made it through. Gives me hope I can get there!
Advertisements