Advertisements
Advertisements
We are considering adopting from DRC. Any experience/information with agencies, or general info on adoption from DRC, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Pavia98,
I am curious to your experience so far? I am also a single woman looking to adopt, and am trying to find a stable program that accepts singles. I am interested in DR Congo. Thanks for any information/experience you can provide!
Advertisements
Our experience has been a journey, as all adoption stories, i believe, are. Being single is not an issue from a DRC stance and I believe that most agencies do not have an issue with it either, but every agency makes their own rules. I am in contact with another single woman who is working towards a DRC adoption and contemplating doing it without an agency (which can be done). Id be happy to chat with you further if you are interested. Send me a PM if you like.
My husband and I are just beginning to look into adoption from DRC. Would really appreciate info on agencies. Thanks!
Hello! My husband and I are considering adoption from the DRC. Has anyone used One World Adoption? I really like the thought of working with an agency that has their own orphange in Congo.
Thank you!
Advertisements
I am trying to pick an agency and I am so afraid to chose the wrong one. Can you please email me your thoughts on the agencies available? Specifically Wasatch, MJL, and One World. Thanks! Christine
I would recommend doing alot of research before signing with One World Adoption Services. They are losing clients like crazy to other agencies. I personally know of at least 5 families that have left for other agencies. Try to find blogs of OWAS clients and ask for their feedback and recommendations. When chosing an agency, also make sure to ask the agency how often they visit DRC. I think it's important to find an agency that visits their facilites and staff in country on a regular basis. I've heard great things about MLJ. They have very short wait times for referrals. Hope this helps.
G
For those responding, please remember that all feedback must be given via private message.
My husband and I are very interested in DRC any information on agencies we should use? We have only really looked at MLJ so any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements
Hi all - we just traveled to Congo in March to pick up our children. All of the changes with DGM and the US Embassy were happening as we were there. We worked with MLJ and would be happy to share our thoughts/experiences on MLJ, travel, etc. You can PM us or email at sconrad1@gmail.com
Good luck to all of you!
I would really like to know about One World, MLJ, Wasatch, CAN, and any other agencies you have had experience with! I'm desperate for information before we pick an agency, and this is the ONLY way I know to get other people's opinions. Please help! You can private message me at kenji_gurl@hotmail.com. Thank you!
I would love any information anyone can share regarding their experiences with adoption agencies. (We are looking to adopt from Africa - either DRC / Congo or Uganda, or possibly elsewhere.) We are currently looking into Lifeline and EAC, but aren't closed to others. We would be thankful for any information you can share.
Thank you!
I am happy to help you with any questions you might have. For DRC I would recommend you talk to Wasatch or MLJ as they consistently have good reviews. We were the first family to use CAN and while its a long story probably would not recommend them. We traveled to Kinshasa twice. There are lots of blogs out there too worth following. If you'd like more info or have questions Id be happy to chat on the phone or via normal email (which is easier). Send me a note if you like. mattpaschke@gmail.com
Advertisements
We are interested in information for agencies for DRC, and Africa, I am having a hard time finding an agency in Chesapeake Virginia
My husband and I are also looking into the DRC. we are a little leery about no exit permits being issued but hopefully that will be resolved soon. Any pms about agencies would be great. Currently looking at CAN and Love Beyond Borders.
Thanks!