Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm new to this forum but just now starting our homestudy process. I have a 2002 misdemeanor for disorderly conduct and have been asked to provide a police report. What I'm worried about is if this will cause my homestudy to be denied - it started out as an arrest for simple assault for domestic. (I'm not sure if the charge includes domestic but the report will mention it)
My wife and I were arguing and our roomates below us called the cops. Before the cops came, I got very frustrated and overwhelmed because my wife closed her eyes and wouldn't listen to me so I hit her. I know this was wrong, I have gone to anger management classes. The cops said they had to take me in. I have not had another incident ever again as I realized that was wrong and there are other ways of handling frustration and anger. When I went to court, it was pled down to disorderly conduct.
I have researched this on the internet for foster and potential adoption parents and it says anything under 5 years would get me denied. It has been almost 10 years. Other than that, my record is squeaky clean. What are our chances? I don't want my wife to lose out.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that we have excellent character references, very involved with the church. I'm not sure if that will testify to my character now.
Please help me.