Advertisements
Advertisements
Anyone using Turbo Tax to claim the adoption credit/refund this year? I know there were bugs in it last year.
Thanks!
mrsrkstar
I'm a new poster but I'm dealing with this too. :-(
IRS received our return 2/20 this last Friday we finally showed up on Where's MY Refund. It said we should get our refund by 4/10. Just checked right now and it says:
"We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information from you. When you receive the notice, please provide the requested information within 30 days. You may not receive all or a part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested from you. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice."
Should I call and ask to speak to a tax advocate? Like everyone else, I sent in everything the first time. I need to see if I can expedite this because we were suppose to use at least the regular part of our refund for a down payment on a house. This makes it sound like we won't even get the regular part :-( advice appreciated!!
It is too early to get a Tax Advocate. They are really tightening down on who can get the Advocate services. You have to submit documents stating hardship and be at least in the system for an extended period of time prior to them assigning you an advocate. Last year it had taken at least 3 months before one was assigned to me. You can call the IRS and ask what division your review has been sent to and fax your supporting documents to them. Good luck.
Advertisements
I originally mailed to Fresno. I live 1.5hrs away. I would drive it and hand deliver if that would help! Lol. I will call on Monday. What do I ask the rep? I just want to have my ducks in a row before I call.
mrsrkstar
I originally mailed to Fresno. I live 1.5hrs away. I would drive it and hand deliver if that would help! Lol. I will call on Monday. What do I ask the rep? I just want to have my ducks in a row before I call.
Call the 1-800 number I gave above. That is the number that is listed on the letter you will receive in the mail. It is a different number than the one that is on the IRS website. Tell them you have an Adoption Tax Credit and it is being "Reviewed". Tell them you have not received the letter yet, but can you please read it to me. If they say the letter isn't available to be reviewed yet ask them what Review Location your information was sent to. Last year I had Kansas City, Missouri. My mom had Richmond, Virginia. This year I have Fresno. Ask them for their fax number and have them notate on your file that you called and you will be faxing all your supporting documents to that fax number. You will have the Social Security Numbers of both parents (single parent) on the top of every page. The last person I talked to told me NOT TO WAIT until I got the letter. They were mass mailed out and can sometimes take up to four weeks to get to you in the mail. If the person is not willing to help you or seems like a complete bafoon...don't hesitate to call back and get a different person. If they can't help ask for a supervisor. Be polite, but firm. Good luck.
I called the examination department because I was told two weeks ago that I was going into review and to expect a letter telling me what they need. The examination department said that they had no information on it and that there was nothing showing that I was getting a letter. I called the irs main number again and this time they said that it was being sent back for another regular review. It may or may not be sent to examination but ALL substantial adoption tax credit requests were being sent for a second review to make sure everything was true and not falsified. Anyone know what this means?? I would really love if the IRS would just be honest and say look here is what is going on. Instead I get a different answer everytime I call. I'm not down and out so I can't try for a tax advocate but this is MY money and I think I should get it in a decent amount of time since I filed everything correctly. Also Where's my refund updated today and said that I should recieve my refund by 4-17 (yeah right) What a headache.
Advertisements
Last week WMR said our refund was to be direct deposited 3/19/12. I said I wasn't holding my breath. Today (3/20/12) it says our refund WAS deposited 3/19/12 and it could take til 3/24 to show up. It's not there yet, and I'm still not holding my breath, but it seems possible that we just got our refund without any "further review"!
And now that I've jinxed us, we'll sit and wait. :arrow:
ARoseByAnyName
Last week WMR said our refund was to be direct deposited 3/19/12. I said I wasn't holding my breath. Today (3/20/12) it says our refund WAS deposited 3/19/12 and it could take til 3/24 to show up. It's not there yet, and I'm still not holding my breath, but it seems possible that we just got our refund without any "further review"!
I hope it was right. It would be nice to hear some good news for someone. How many were you claming. We have three special needs so I was wondering if the numbers are whats holding it up for us. My WMR has changed again from 4-17 to 3-27 but still no dd date. Praying that that means that it is out of review and being sent to processing/payment and not to the dreaded examiners office. This is beyond stressful!!
We're just claiming one ATC, so our total refund is around $15k. I don't know if the amount effects who gets flagged for review or not. Here's to hoping that you are out of review and will see your money soon, mommy2four!
Advertisements
ARoseByAnyName
...and tonight the bank website shows our FULL refund amount as a pending deposit! :eek: WOW!! I literally lost my breath seeing that chunk of change on our account, LOL. So that means that we received our full refund in just over a month of mailing in our return with a certified adoption decree and receipts from agency and lawyer totaling over the $13K ATC. I guess miracles do happen. Wow.
sorry everyone... I have another question. I have heard that if you can get a return transcript from the irs then it is finished being processed and should be in your account soon. I have been trying to get one since I heard that several weeks ago and it keeps saying the information is unavailable. Tonight I tried it after my status changed from 4-17 to 3-27 and it worked. Anyone know if this is true??????
a little background... I filed in January, it came up saying March 27th, then went to march 6, then to processing wait six weeks, then to April 17th and now back to March 27th.
This board has been a great help. I got a partial refund about a week ago and a message online saying that I would be receiving a letter. I called the number that Kimee129 provided above and asked for information about what was in the letter since it would be weeks since I would receive it. I was redirected to the Philadelphia Exam center where they told me exactly what I need to send.
Since my adoption was not a special needs adoption, not only did I have to send the adoption decree and list of expenses, but cancelled checks as well. All documents should have Primary Name, SS# and Tax Year at the top of each page. A fax number was provided and now I'm off and running.
I'm feeling like I've saved a ton of time. Fingers crossed!
My refund has not even posted as recieved yet, but i did an amended return for the adoption credit and have read that it can take up to 12 weeks for them to acknowledge that it was recieved. But, i would like to clarify something just in case i get reviewed. For reciepts, we wrote one check out to the county court for filing and one check out to our lawyer. All legal expenses came out of the one check written to our lawyer. If reviewed, would i need a break down of how our check was spent or will the reciept itself be suffient? Our reciept says for adoption expenses but it not detailed. We had a private adoption.
Advertisements
H&R block was going to take $145 from my return. I Came to TurboTax and got it done for free! Anyone should be able to do their own taxes with [URL="http://www.a2zdeals.com/coupons/Turbo-Tax/"]turbo tax 2013 coupon[/URL].
Turbotax is superb software it used in my office, accountant make use of it for tax calculation. This is more famous in our country USA. Turbotax software is great tool for planning tax and sales.
This is genuine application tool which you can use for yourself and its also good friend in case of security and secrets. By the way if you are facing any trouble with its login and unable to do turbotax login. So you can contact to its support team. Support team of turbotax is very active and advance. They provide genuine help for the issue.