Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I never thought I wanted kids. Thought it a total drag to be pregnant or strapped down by kids. Boy oh boy is the biological clock the REAL DEAL.
Ok, so when I hit 28 OVERNIGHT I became a baby/kid crazy wanna-be-momma. I didn't care if I had a baby biologically or adopted a baby up through 12 years old. I wanted kids in my house and it had to happen ASAP anyway we could make it happen!
Luckily for me my husband was right with me. We started the adoption process with the state department of human services AND trying for biological kids at the same time! It took a year (and a miscarriage) before we had our oldest placed with us. Turns out we didn't carry a biological child full term until we had a baby placed with us for adoption. Bio son born 6.5 months after our oldest was placed with us. We were totally open about our pregnancy when they called us but we also didn't know if it "would stick" after our other issues. We were SO happy to have two when we were beginning to think we'd have NONE.
So two years, NO contraception, and sad info from fertility doctor later we adopted our daughter domestically and became pregnant with a donated embryo from our fertility clinic (10% chance of a viable pregnancy were the odds given for that!).
Two years later we are working on our fifth child, an international special needs adoption. And this time, considering five years of no contraception AND no pregnancy, we are pretty sure there is no other bio child coming.
So, I don't think you are crazy. In fact, I think it is awesome! We all KNOW where our children will come from. It doesn't matter if you call it a gut feeling or a God feeling or whatever. If you know that adoption is right for you and that you WILL love this child(ren) as you would a biological child, it IS right for you. Just make sure your partner/husband/wife/etc is on board with that because if not, it will hurt the child.
Good luck to you in the process! There is an Orphan Crisis out there. So those who desperately want children and are fully open to adoption NEED to DO IT!