Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I would like to ask for some help in choosing an adoption agency. I am 40 years old and I am a single female. I was born and grew up in Poland and now I live in the US. I would like to adopt a child, preferably a girl, 3 to 6 years old, from Poland. I have started looking at some agencies but it is really daunting to choose and commit to one... Would anybody be able to advice and recommend an agency? I would very much appreciate some information.... Thank you
It can be a little difficult to adopt a single child, especially a girl, internationally from Poland. You may have an easier time of it because you were born and grew up in Poland. Generally, however, the single child referrals and especially girls are adopted within the country. Not saying it can't be done, or that you won't be able to adopt fairly quickly, just advising you that it may be a bit tougher since you only want one, a girl, and young.
Advertisements
Hi Zenoria, Thank you very much for your comments. I am not sure if this changes the situation but I would also be open to adopting two siblings, 2 girls or a girl and a boy...
Would you, or anyone else have any recommendation regarding the agencies that deal with adoptions from Poland?
I know that this info needs to be done through PM. I would very greatly appreciate any help with that....
I don't think it is unreasonable to adopt a girl between 3 and 6 yrs at all. We adopted a 23 month old girl last spring and know of 2 other people who also adopted baby girls under the age of 2. THe wait may be a bit longer, but it's not impossible.