Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thank you everyone for your advice. We have just continued to go into her room when she wakes up and rub her back, talk to her until she falls back asleep. It's now down to once a night. We have her little sister in another room now (we just ended up moving the crib) so she doesn't wake her up...because she did end up waking her up and then we had 2 kids crying.
We have tried to get a bedtime routine started from day one and that really seems to help. I also think us spending all weekend with her and having her sister with us (we picked her up from the hospital on Saturday morning) has really helped.
I do think that they are night terrors... it isn't hysterical crying, she has that blank stare some one mentioned and she doesn't respond when we talk to her. Hopefully they will become better as she continues to feel more comfortable.
The only bad part is that the girls are actually from the other side of the state and will likely be transferred back some time this week (their parents were visiting here when they were arrested). I plan on writing a very detailed note to send along with them so their new foster parents will have as much info as possible. I just hate that they are going to be moved again just as soon as they start to get used to being here and with us. We have said we will take them as long as they need us to so that they coan find a permanent place for them before moving them.
Didn't realize this would get so many responses...hope it helped some others out there as well.