Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are in the beginning stages of researching the kind of adoption we want to pursue and I could use some advice.
We would like to parent an infant or a toddler, but I don't think foster adopt is right for us (too much uncertainty), so we have landed on domestic infant adoption. We would like to spend $30,000 or less and wait a year or less. We are open to any race and a wide variety of emom situations (drug, rape, etc.).
I came across Little Bit of Heaven adoption referral service and saw only extremely positive reviews.
Has anyone used a referral service? If so, what was your wait, cost, etc.? Did you also use an agency? It seems like many people who used LBOH waited only days or weeks. If you used a referral service only, did you complete your own profile, etc? And what financial risk did you face if the adoption was disrupted?
It seems like the main benefit of going through an agency is that you don't risk losing money from a disrupted adoption, but I would like to avoid the long wait and provide a home for a harder to place child
Thanks so much for your help!!!