Advertisements
Advertisements
I was hoping to connect with some people from the local area of San Bernardino but so far no one has posted in San Bernardino. I haven't given up hope yet.
We'd love to talk with gay or lesbian couples, as well as straight or singles. We ourselves are a lesbian couple who are adopting through San Bernardino county.
:) Have a nice day. Jen
Hi Ladies. We too are from SB County, in the High Desert. My husband and I are hoping to adopt a little boy. We currently have two little girls. Right now we are in the middle of our homestudy and excited to be finalized and wait for that match! :popcorn:
Jo - Is the "HD" in your handle, High Desert? If so, we probably have the same homestudy worker!! WK? We have already had our first joint, and I have my single homestudy appointment next Monday. My husband has his on the 1st and then the kids get their appointment too. We were told that we should wrap by the end of August.
Jen - Thanks for starting the post... hopefully more will chime in! How far are you in the process?
Advertisements
Hi Sha, thanks for posting. How is your home study going? We actually just got a call today for the home study worker to come out next week. So I guess it's moving right along :-) just out of curiosity what is your home study workers name?
Glad to hear from more people :-)
Jen
Blankenship2426
Hi Sha, thanks for posting. How is your home study going? We actually just got a call today for the home study worker to come out next week. So I guess it's moving right along :-) just out of curiosity what is your home study workers name?
Glad to hear from more people :-)
Jen
Our homestudy worker is WK. She is great! She is a high desert homestudy worker tho. Not sure what area you are in. Our homestudy is moving along. :) My next appointment is Monday, for my single interview. My husbands single interview is on the 1st and then the kiddos will have an appointment following that. :) We were told it should be wrapped by the end of next month.
Just starting PRIDE classes in SB - wondering like a lot of others, how long does licensing really take? I guess the licensing worker for the SB/Redlands/Yucaipa area is out on a medical, so they are short a worker? Not sure, but this is my understanding from the Oct Licensing workshop in Rancho.....
Thanks!
Advertisements
Hi 2B Trout,
Congrats on starting your PRIDE classes. My partner and I went to the Taking Care of Business Day on April 21st of this year, and we are almost finished with the process. We have our last Homestudy interview on the 25th of October, and then approx. 2 weeks after that we will be on the waiting list, and with our license. So our timeline was from late April until late October, early November. The process was smooth, and we have not encountered any problems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, or PM me. Forgot to mention, our times with the PRIDE classes did drag on a little bit longer because of my partner's work schedule. But, it hasnt seemed like a long process, even though we started in late April.
Thank you Blankenship2426!
I may PM you when we are further along and I start having more focused questions.
Hi everyone!
We are in the High Desert and at the very beginning of getting ready to adopt!
Can anyone tell me where to start? And who to contact to get started?
The only thing we have done so far is made the decision to adopt :D
Thanks everyone,
Nadine
Hi Nadine!
The very first step is to attend an orientation. The details are on the SB County adoption website: [url=http://hss.sbcounty.gov/dcs/Adoption/process.htm]Adoption Process & Services[/url]
When you attend orientation, a lot of your questions will be answered.
Good luck, and feel free to PM me. I am in the HD too. We went to orientation in March and got approved and licensed in October.
Jo
Advertisements
We are a gay married couple in Rialto getting ready to start the process soon. In January we do the Taking Care of Business class. Just looking for any advise to make the process go as smooth and quick as possible.
We are looking forward to hopefully get a sibling set. It has been hard to get a clear idea of the process
Hello Mgalvan,
Congrats on starting the process. We are a gay couple over here in Grand Terrace. Not too far from you :-) we actually just finished the process & were approved & now we are just waiting to be matched with a single child or sibling set. My best advice would be to turn in paperwork in a timely fashion. We started our process & went to a Taking care of business day in late April. Our experience was a great one & we have no complaints. Feel free to PM me and i will gladly give you my email and help you anyway I can. Good luck. Jen
Hi Mgalvanhurtado,
Welcome! We also went through the process recently. I will offer one piece of advice... if you have any licensing questions about your home, call your licensing worker before he/she conducts your inspection. That way you can address any unique circumstances beforehand and you don't need to wait for a follow up visit. We were concerned about some machinery in our attached garage but our licensing worker was able to give us an easy solution over the phone. We passed inspection on the first visit. The home inspection was probably the most nerve-wracking part of the process for us, other than the wait of course!
Good luck to you both! I would be happy to help if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me.
Take care,
Jo
I know we will have to take pride classes as part of the process. I can't seem to find any details about them though. I'm trying to get an idea of where the classes are and how often, also if we have to be done with all the paperwork to start the classes.
Also any pointers on where to go to learn more about making my house safe for a child would be appreciated.
Advertisements
I don't see a 2013 calender online for the County, but you should get one at the workshop ..... We took PRIDE over 4 Saturdays in one month (averaging 6 hrs each day), but I believe you can also go over 8 evenings.
Thank you. That would be great to take just 4 days of classes. To do the classes over one month would be awesome because work schedules can often get hectic.