Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I was once in a very bad place after the birth of my daughter. Sick, poor and feeling hopeless.
Fast forward and now I have a career, money and respect. But I have my relinquished daughter being very sad, upset and heartbroken that she is not being raised by her natural family. The adoptive parents closed the open adoption and are not very nice to my daughter at all.
IMHO do not lose your child to adoption. I swear to you it will be better being a welfare mother temporarily then hearing your child's pain on being adopted, especially if the adoptive parents are not good people.
I would give my career, my house, everything up to change the way things have gone. My daughter gets punished frequently for contact with us her natural family and is not accepted for being "different" from her adoptive parents. I should have put her in foster care until I got well instead of adoption. I am not saying all adoptive parents are bad, but really you don't know them at all and if they are bad you find out too late.