Advertisements
Advertisements
Long story short after fertility problems, my husband and I are looking to adopt through foster care in Iowa. We are really hoping for an infant, but we would be happy with a toddler as well, and open to sibling groups. I am looking for some success stories in my area because the ones I see, I'm worried its because they are in more populated areas then we are. Anyone have success adopting in Iowa, NE Iowa, and or Floyd County or surrounding area?
I am in KY- so can't speak for your area- just wanted to give you a shout out of support. My husband and I are doing the exact same thing, only as first time parents we just want one at at time. We are also hoping for an infant, and have been encouraged by others who have gone through our program in our area that is very possible. From what I have read, every area is different though. We start our classes Tuesday- working on our family profile now. We are cautiously excited! Blessings to you on your journey!
-BS
Advertisements
Did you proceed with foster care and adoption? I also live in NE Iowa. Was wondering the same thing as we move forward. Would love to connect and hear about your experience.
RB