Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I have always heard it's best to go through the county. Their class schedule is hard to work with, so I've been looking for a FFA. There are so many! How do you choose? I know Inner Circle is the closest to us, as we live in the San Fernando Valley. Can anyone pm me with names of FFAs you think are good? I appreciate it.
Kath ;)
To be honest, I went with the one that actually called me back. I figure if they take so long to call me know they definitely won't be calling with placements soon!
Advertisements
My family went through Inner Circle and they were incredible - supportive, encouraging and very knowledgeable.
We were licensed by mid-April, 2010, with the ultimate goal of adoption. We decided to be open for initial placements, boy or girl, any ethnicity, from birth to 8 years old.
In the first week of being "on the books" we received calls for 8 different potential placements, all children under 3 years old, two that were newborns.
We said yes to each potential placement, but seven of the potential placements resolved without coming to us.
However, the child that WAS placed with us was a newborn baby girl, brought home from the hospital on April 21, 2010. We finalized Baby Girl's adoption 19 months later.
I have heard the opinion expressed on these boards that going through the County means more possible placements, but we got so many calls for potential placements I don't think working with an FFA hindered us at all!
In addition, the Inner Circle social workers really went to bat for us, and I know we are so grateful they ran interference with the County on our behalf! (That's a whole other story!)
We can never thank them enough for their professionalism, integrity, and dedication to their jobs. Feel free to p.m. me if you want more specific details.
Wow AmazonianQueen that is great to know. And I'm happy to have met you as someone local to me. Thanks!