Advertisements
Advertisements
From my foster parent training, I understand that an occasional babysitter does not have to have a security check or be fingerprinted to take care of a foster child for a few hours at a time, and that it's up to the foster parent to screen them and use their best judgement. I am getting ready to have my first placement and have a question I hope someone here can answer.
As a single parent, I may need some help now and then for a few hours at a time, so I would use a babysitter on occasion if I have a foster child. My question is this can the babysitter take the child (I'm going to have 8-12 year olds) to a movie at the theater, to a restaurant, etc. or do they have to stay in our home? I know this sounds trivial, but I want to arrange this with my sitter well in advance just so I can have everything in order.
Thanks!
The whole idea of the prudent parent law allowing FParents to not have to require finger prints where so that foster kids could do things other kids get to do like go to a movie with a friend and their parents for instance. So the answer to your question is yes, they can go out and about
Advertisements