Advertisements
Advertisements
I have not shared any photos online of our placements but I get questions from family and friends all of the time about photos.
Is there a safe way to share with just a few select people?
Thanks!
I send them photos through email, text, Iphoto, and shutterfly! My family and friends know that they cannot post pictures online in any way. Most of them have prints of my little one throughout there homes! My LW and my little one's SW say this is fine as long as they are not online!!!!!
Advertisements
I treat it like I am a nanny. I'm pretty sure that you may show a physical photo of the child to a friend,in person....not online... but use first name only.
I've seen newspaper articles about foster parents, and they show the entire back view of the child, but not the face....and give them a code name like "Baby S"
Ask your agency about projects that end up on bulliten boards at the child's school, karate studio , etc.
Not sure if that's OK, so best to ask.
Our states' policy is no pictures out in public. If someone visits our child and takes a picture of them, then that person may keep the picture they took. But we're not supposed to pass around pictures of our FD to anyone.
Now that we're on the adoption path, we're able to share more with our family. But, no contests or anything like that and still no facebook.
I send pictures of my fks to family members via email. These are people that meet my kids anyways.
In our area, fks pictures can be used on school/church bulletin boards, but can't be used in publications that go the public (newspapers, pamphlets, etc).
We can also post picture on facebook of our fks, if our profiles are private, the kids names are not used and they are not identified as foster kids. They also cannot be in profile pictures. I have yet to post picture on facebook it just seems a little too risky. Maybe when our adoption in finalized.
I send pictures of my fks to family members via email. These are people that meet my kids anyways.
In our area, fks pictures can be used on school/church bulletin boards, but can't be used in publications that go the public (newspapers, pamphlets, etc).
We can also post picture on facebook of our fks, if our profiles are private, the kids names are not used and they are not identified as foster kids. They also cannot be in profile pictures. I have yet to post picture on facebook it just seems a little too risky. Maybe when our adoption in finalized.
Advertisements
We are NOT allowed to post pictures anywhere. We can't send digitals, we can't post ANY online & we can't mail them in the mail. We can print & display photos in our home only. Breaking these rules would result in them removing the children.
one of our fps in our agency uses [url=http://www.mixbook.com]Photo Books, Photo Cards, Scrapbooks, Yearbooks and Calendars | Mixbook[/url] or [url=http://www.shutterfly.com]Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly[/url] to create books of photos. they're completely secure, will put your books together and send them to you. if you wait and watch, you can get them for very little money. and they are gorgeous--just like a soft-cover children's book.
our agency loves it, the parents love it, and no one from CPS has complained.
i'd see if that could be an option for you. you hold the logon and password. nothing is displayed. it's just like storage in the cloud until you purchase your product.
I emailed the people close to us. I would send updates and pictures. No facebook at all. I never said we had a foster child though. We were foster to adopt from the get go. I just said we were adopting a little girl and I was not able to post pictures until we finalized. Nobody ever questioned it. Most never even knew she was a foster child as I didn't broadcast it. All of our workers knew I had an email list of close family and friends. I also got permission to send out Christmas cards. We already had TPR and she was an adoptive placement by that time. The day we adopted her I posted over 500 pictures on Facebook from the last 11 months. That was the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!