Advertisements
Advertisements
I was in the May orientation, and I know others on here were too. i got the impression that we might make it in to the August pride classes. I turned in all of my paperwork the very next day after orientation, but I have not heard a thing from the county since. Has anyone else heard anything? Is anyone in the August pride classes?
Hello,
My husband and I were in the January orientation (turned all paperwork in right away) and went for our initial interview last month where we were told that we are in the August pride classes. If you have the letter from the County stating your paperwork was received and you will be contacted for an interview, you can call that number to see if there are any more openings in the class. Good luck!
Advertisements
Hi Emb08,
My husband and I were in the May orientation as well. We turned in our paperwork the following Monday after the class and received a letter acknowledging receipt of our paperwork and that we would be called in for an interview shortly... well, we waited and waited, expecting a call within a few weeks of the orientation. Finally after about 3-4 weeks later I called the number on the letter and was told that we would be called sometime in September or October for the interview, which would get us eligible for the January PRIDE classes. I forget the ladies name but I told her that we were told that they had an August class starting ans she told me that they were still working on Jan, Feb and March orientations and that they would be the ones filling up the August classes.... so it looks like we won't be taking those classes in august after all.
How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask? So good to here that you are scheduled for the August classes.
Funny, we had put on our paperwork that we were open to other races (we are white). We even said that we would take siblings (of 2). I just called and left another message, hopefully they call me back soon.
Thanks!
Does anyone have the # for the person to contact if we have questions? Since we didn't get in to the august class I wanted to call and see if January is still the next planned class or if there are some sooner. Also, we would be super happy with a child of any race. I put that on our paper, but we didn't get fast tracked. I want to see why not.
Advertisements
The only contact information I have is off the letter we received after submitting our initial paperwork.
La Tonya Smith, office Assistant III 951-358-5789
Let us know what she says
Hi Emb08,
I have the same number as keepinthefaith does. Just so you know - we were in the January Orientation and submitted all of our paperwork right away and are just now getting into the August PRIDE classes. We were told at orientation that the classes were almost full and anyone getting in this year would definitely be lucky. They mentioned that you are put on the list in the order the paperwork arrives in their hands. We are also open to siblings/any race. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the replies. I called and she said that we might or might not even make it in To the January class. I asked when the next one was after January and she said that they havn't scheduled any yet and won't do so until october. I asked about african american children and she said if we wanted african american we could make the january class.
Hi all,
So I got a call this afternoon from Cheri Packwood saying that they were calling us to schedule an interview... Woot Woot! One step closer. Needless to say I am very nervous but also very excited. She said that we should expect to be there about 2 hours and that they would do the live scan that same day.
Is there anything we should know prior to arriving that day?
Advertisements
Congratulations! The interview is basically just reviewing all of the information you have already given them in the paperwork that you sent after attending orientation. We were there for about an hour and 40 minutes and at least 30 minutes of that was spent waiting on them between the live-scan and interview. I would agree with WorldTraveler, we were not prepared to have our photo taken either! My guess is that the photo is just for their files so that it helps them remember who everyone is. You will be interviewed by 2 people at the same time - aside from going over the questions you have already answered, they are more or less trying to get an idea of what you are looking for in terms of adding to your family and then they give you the opportunity to ask them questions. They were very, very nice and happy to answer all of our questions! Best of luck to you.
ugh... so basically I have a week to loose some weight before they take my picture :D
Really, thank you sooo much. I'm definitely nervous, and think it's because I'm normally a very private person, but it helps knowing what they are looking for and what they will ask us. It's also really nice to know that they are pleasant during the experience. I'm sure they undestand that people are nervous coming into this and be questioned about their whole life.
Can I ask, do they interview both of us at the same time or are we seperated and interviewed by both people individually?
Thank you again!
LOL - at least you will be prepared for a picture! Don't be nervous - they are very nice. They will interview you both at the same time. I know the questions and digging in our lives gets very nerve-racking; however, I keep telling myself that the little ones that we are taking in have probably been through much worse! I know they are trying to make sure they are getting into a good home. I know most of us in these forums are so excited to get through this process and meet our future children...too bad the process can't be quicker! You will do fine - best of luck to you.