Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm scared and hopeful both. We'll see how all this goes, right?
We did our first home visit on Saturday, and that went well. We begin our first STARS class tonight.
We are hoping to adopt a daughter age 8-10.
Just wanted to say good luck and I hope your journey to licensing goes smoothly and you find your forever daughter!
Advertisements
Congrats! I remember how great it felt when we made it through the first few steps toward creating our new family! I wish you the best of luck!
Can I ask what city you are taking your classes? We are trying to adopt through the state and our social worker hasn't been much help in letting us know when the STARS classes are. She has told us that there havent been any classes scheduled all summer. We are in st.Charles co.
carefuladoption
Can I ask what city you are taking your classes? We are trying to adopt through the state and our social worker hasn't been much help in letting us know when the STARS classes are. She has told us that there havent been any classes scheduled all summer. We are in st.Charles co.
I sent you a message. If you're in the St. Louis area...isn't that where St. Charles county is? Then you'd be a good 5-6 hours away from us.
I have never seen something pull together like these classes and this process has. I've been steadily amazed. Our SW even called me this morning to tell me that she'd gotten her background checks in the mail and needed a copy of ours for the file. We haven't gotten our copies yet! LOL.
Advertisements
Thanks for the information! Yes I am outside the st. Louis area. I am new to this process and didn't think it would take so long. I have been calling and emailing my social worker with no responses. I haven't heard from her in a month. I am wondering if I should ask to speak with a supervisor?
Our first homestudy visit is Aug 11th. They will do our autobiography then. Our 3rd class is next Monday, the 4th would be Aug. 13th. This is going fast!