Advertisements
Advertisements
Found an agency that is actually somewhat affordable so woo-hoo! Hope is born :) We have some of the money saved but I'm trying to figure out our best option to getting the rest without having to spend two years saving (and that's with extreme austerity as we are not high dollar earners). I have an existing 401k but I can't borrow from it because I'm no longer with that employer. Someone suggested I could make a withdrawal from it and that adoption might be considered a reason to avoid the 10% penalty (although it would still be subject to regular taxes). Not so sure this is worth it or even doable because then in essence we'd have to figure out how to come up with money to pay for taking out our money, sigh.
I've also been looking into grants but I see that most of the applications ask about IRAs and 401ks. Knowing there are these types of hefty tax penalties, do they expect us to use this money and would we be automatically denied once we disclose that we have a 401k?
Hey I am new here, so my reply might be a little late... sorry...
Have you tried social fundraising? Sites like Carefunder let you raise money using social networks.
Advertisements