Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Stipends
loveajax
feeling, dh just read me an article about how a child watch organization will be starting a trial in Feb against our state's DCF. it is woefully underfunded. i wonder what the percentage of the budget is adoption subsidies? i don't know. my motto in these things is by not investing in children early, you will pay SOOO much more later on (in health care costs, special education, prison populations, etc.). it's a no-brainer, but kids, especially kids in foster care, have no political voice. my dh is all hot and bothered to "do" something....(I call him Ralph Nader Jr.), but not sure exactly what!!
Love, I would love to meet you and your hubby someday! You guys are amazing! Not mention that little sassy J:love: My boys would so be fighting for her attention, lol
I wish we could help all the children in foster care! And I, too, wonder how much money is allotted for adoption subsidies!
IMHO, more money should be available for the children who need it! Ones that don't have a Mamma bear there protecting them, looking out for them, loving them fiercely. One who hasn't had the good fortune of being adopted by a loving family. One who needs special intervention to help break the cycle of abuse that they have endured! One who has to remain in foster care for a variety of reasons. I could go on and on.
Again, I want to make it clear: I was not saying foster children should not get a subsidy. I was not saying Special Needs children should not get a subsidy.
What I am saying is that it makes NO SENSE to me that healthy adopted children get an adoption subsidy. Seems like that money should go to the children who really need it....those that are in foster care!