Advertisements
Advertisements
I am 28 years old, married, with a beautiful nine yr old son. I just found out that I am pregnant only two hours ago. I have no choice but to adopt since abortion is not something I could live with. My husband is the only one working since I have just been diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation. Im not certian yet which stage. This will not hurt the baby.....but I dont know how long I'll have, soI cant add a baby to my very unpredictable life. Money is also such a factor. This decision is the hardest I have or will ever make. I want this baby to be loved and grow up with a life I could never hope to give him or her.
Tara -- you have MONTHS to consider your options. Give yourself the time and space to celebrate your pregnancy and process your options. Remember, this isn't just your baby, this is your son's baby brother or sister, your husband's child as well.
If, at the end of your pregnancy, or even after you have met your baby, you still want the same options, you will have time to make that decision then. Until then, congratulations. No matter what tomorrow brings, you have created a new baby and that is really an incredible thing :)
Advertisements
Please note that while we can and will offer you support, information on resources and education on adoption overall, we are not a matching site. You cannot contact people here to adopt your baby nor can anyone contact you here to ask about adopting your baby.
Thanks!
Tara, I agree with Jensboys -- please don't rush into this decision. You just found out you're pregnant...you have plenty of time to think about adoption before making a decision to place your baby.
I would suggest, also, that you speak to a couple more doctors about your prognosis. I say this to you because my youngest brother has Arnold Chiari Malformation, as well as syringomyelia. When he was first diagnosed about 12 years ago, he was told he only had a few more years at the most to live. Well, that time window came and went a long time ago, and my brother is doing very well these days. He did have to have some intricate surgery at the time of diagnosis, but it cleared up most of his symptoms. He's a professional drummer, which is a pretty strenuous occupation in the world of rock music.
Take your time, Tara. There's no need to rush into anything right this minute. :loveyou:
I now know not to look for adoptive couples on here. I saw a lot of threads like that so .......I thought it was allowed. Also I know that I have many months to go but I have known that I wanted to adopt since I cannot have an abortion and it wouldnt be fair to keep it with my health. This decision is hard but mine. And I have made it. I now am on an adoption site that is allowed to look for adoption couples. But any support or comments are still welcome thank!
Advertisements
Congrats to your brother! Thats wonderful. I have symptoms that would be difficult to handle an infant with. My 9 yr old is already a handful! ( one I would'nt trade for the world) thanks for the advice! Prayers for ur amazing brother! A drummer ! I couldnt handle that kind of noise with chiari!
I wish you all the best taragirl. You seem very strong and I pray for your health, peace and the baby's future. I am sorry you find yourself in a very difficult time. Many adoption agencies have counselors. You can change your mind at any time. They are there for you to make the best decision for you and the baby.
Please take care of yourself. All the best.
I'm a both sides of this. I was adopted and now me and my husband are adopting. Really really think about it. Try not to make your decision based on money. Most people who give up there child because they can't afford it always regret it. My birthmom did. You have plenty of time to think about your decision. Praying for ya:)
Advertisements
I know this must be a hard decision. Normally I just read and not post but this reminded me of my sister's situation. She to has health problems and had to put her 3rd child up for adoption. It was really hard for her and at the time my other sister's and I were too young to take him. But we are strong believers that adoption is a great thing. My mother adopted my brother when he was 2days old and she has been fostering for 16yrs.
I say follow your heart. Your right it is your decision and there are a lot of couples praying for the opportunity to raise and love a child as their own. Maybe you can consider having an open adoption. That way your child will still have a connection to your family and to it's sibling. Adoption can be such a blessing.
I am 7 months pregnant and we decided to put our baby to adoption because we really not yet ready. Privat Adoption is our choice you can reach me at cddlebby at gmail dot c0m
Hope to hear from you all thankyou
Advertisements