Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
My husband and I are considering older child adoption. We'd be able to take one child or a sibling group of two, up to age 7, of any race. (We have a biological son, and I've heard many times over that it's not good to upset the "birth order" so we're looking for a child/children younger than our son).
Having said that, I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly of older child adoption. From what I've heard from people, the reaction tends to be one extreme or the other. It's either: "adopting an older child" is the most rewarding and wonderful thing you'll ever do and all you need is love." Or it's along the lines of: "adopting an older child is the worst decision you'll ever make because they all have severe problems and they'll never recover and your life will be ruined."
I'm assuming that it's somewhere between the two. So I'd like to hear from some parents who actually adopted older children. And I want to hear it all. The positives and the negatives. The questions we should ask our case worker. What you would have done differently. What you wish you'd known. All that fun stuff.
Thanks in advance! :love:
Last update on September 9, 1:55 am by Sachin Gupta.