Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
That is all that is in our history. We told the old worker, the home study person, and the new worker...the workers in the town that she is in have our background already. The home study lady is telling us she is "waiting on them to come back." This sounds fishy to me because I can pull someone's background in 24-48 hours. I told the case worker this and she agrees it has taken too long. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since the lady for the home study came to our house. The case worker says either that lady has a lot on her desk and hasn't gottne to us, or there is a "flag" in our case. So, she said she would call her and find out what the delay is about? I told her, I don't know what there would be, but if here is something at least please tell us so that we can have a plan. My daughter is getting out of jail on the 28th. I would like to know whether I need to transfer her up to my town (her hometown; to live with another family member) to do her program to get the baby back while we have the baby. Or if she needs to stay down there with family because they are not going to give the baby to us...Either way, bad news or good news, any news is better than nothing...I pleaded with the case worker to JUST COMMUNICATE! She said she would look into it...
We get unsupervised visits with the baby. They allow us to take her for hours and drop her back off so I can't see what the flag could be??? As I said, my hubby just had that one misdemeanor 13 years ago, no it was not expunged, the case is so old they purged the files though. He told me last night he thinks he may have had a marijuana charge when he was 17 or 18, but he is 40 now so...I don't know, if either of those things would hold us back from getting placement of a child that we have already raised since birth..If so, we will get a lawyer because that is ridiculous. We own a very nice home in a very nice neighborhood, we both work and have good stable jobs and income. We have eight children who are very well taken care of and have never been in trouble with CPS, our kids have never had any trouble with the law, and get good grades. I will nail them to the wall if they keep that baby from this family. She is with an adoptive parent who speaks no english, which is my daughters native language. Who keeps her in bed with her at night and asked me for her birth certificate so that she could take her to Mexico to introduce her to family over there! I don't think so...I am hispanic, so I am not against her or anything but my grand daughter is not her baby! I am extremely angry at this point and have heard nothing from the case worker yet