Advertisements
Advertisements
My kiddos social worker said this hearing will happen 120 days from the termination of services (Nov 13). Is it within or no sooner than 120 days?
Thanks in advance!
We live in the same area. The termination of services hearing for our son's parents was in May and the .26 hearing was in August (this was in 2008) right at the 3 month mark - so, I'm pretty sure it is "no sooner than" rather than "within." We definitely had the impression at the time that the hearing was scheduled as soon as it was allowed. His adoption was finalized in January of the following year.
Advertisements
We unfortunately just learned all about the 120 days for a .26 hearing in California. In our fd's case, the .26 hearing wasn't properly noticed and had to be continued for 120 days. Apparently, the .26 hearing is set 120 days in advance to allow proper noticing to take place. The noticing has to be completed at least 30 days prior to the hearing.
This can be a challenge if the whereabouts of one or both bio parents is unknown. If that's the case, then they have to advertise for the 4 weeks prior to the 30 day cutoff (60 days before the hearing). That's why they set the hearing 120 days out.
Yes, it's exactly 120 days and usually a date, specific date, is set. Then it's TPR and adoption date can be set. Wishing you luck.
Yeah, I think it's pretty much right on the 120 day mark after TPR.
I'm just happy to hear that someon in CA is actually getting to adoption through foster care...they are so far an in between these days.
Congrats!