Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I am here in Houston to pick up our new baby boy tomorrow!! He is one-year old and we are so very excited to have him join our family.
We were looking for something to purchase here to commemorate the occassion. Something that he can keep into adulthood. Something "authentic Texas".
Any ideas?
I laughed when I read your request because if you ask 20 Texans what an authentic Texas souvenir would be you'll get 20 different answers. Maybe some people from the Houston area can chime in about what would be a good Houston item. Typically everybody the country over knows that the Alamo is the one image that says Texas like no other, but it's not near Houston.
Advertisements
Disclaimer here -- I'm not adopted and I've not adopted, but I have an idea...
Are you at all an agriculture-type family? I think a jar of dirt would be cool. My family has just been here for a couple generations -- I would think it would be really neat to have a jar or vessel of dirt from our homeland.
Is there some type of special coin from Texas? Maybe even the Texas state quarters in a special case?
If this is the last thing on your list and your baby is going to be in your arms tomorrow, you're doing great! Congratulations on your new child!
Thanks! Love the dirt idea! This whole process has gone so quickly, that I'm having problems thinking of everything!
We STARTED the home study process on 10/1/12. We were matched 3 weeks later and here I am to pick him up!! Truly blessed!