Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I did not give our kids mom my cell number until this summer. Three years after our daughter was born. All contact was made through the agency and I also provided an email address for her to contact us at but she chose not to use it. Because DCFS was involved in her sons case we were advised not to give identifying info until everything was worked out with that and we were ready. My husband feels the same way yours does but we do visits every three months and we just started going to their house. It was scary at first but so much quieter than going to chuck e cheese or a McDonalds playland.
I don't feel you need to keep paying for the phone but I do think that you need to let her know that you are turning it off. Do not let it be a suprise. She can go to the library and use the internet for now. Let the relationship build and your husband will see that it can be a wonderful thing. I just texted my daughters first mom two days ago to find out family medical history for the doctor. And remind him that if she didn't misuse the phone number for the prepaid phone she problably won't misuse your cell number.