Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Talk to your Peditrician about having a genetic Microarry. Basically genetic testing for anomalies. My AS was delayed - but in some things. I said he had swiss skills. He was good at somethings, but totally missed others. He waked at 17 months, started single words @20 months. He had issues with the suck/swallow/breathe thing.
He had EI services from the age of 6 weeks. Progress was/is slow but he is getting there.
In October he had genetic testing done and he has 2 chromosomes where there is a dupication. The dup on #15 is the cause of his Austistic like behaviors. He is loving and cuddly and kind and generous and empathetic......but he is routined and hand flaps, limited eye contact, rote conversation, spins for hours on end.
More is known about genes and possibilities every day. % years ago - nothing about the dup15. now there are groups and studies and research - AMAZING things. Be cause you don't know the genetic background - your Pediatrician may be willing to try. If your little one has a small head (microcephaly) that combined with being a preemie and delays will get most insurance to cover the testing.
Sometimes a medical basis will help stear treatment.
I agree with the repetition and books and pointing and repetition and songs and music and did I say repetition will help.