Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Usage questions
I am adult adoptee. I registered on the adoption registry last week. I found a birth mother who gave birth to a male on my date of birth in the hospital in which I was born.
I clicked the "Send PM" button, and told her that I was born on the same day as her child, in the same hospital, but that I was not 100% sure she was my birth mother. I told her I was nervous and uneasy about this, and asked if she had any ideas about what to do next. Within a minute or so of me sending the PM, she added me as a contact.
I sent a message the next day asking her to confirm if she is receiving my PM's. I also saw more detailed information on her profile. Our hair color and eye color match, and the attending physician is the same. Given all this, I am much more confident that she is my birth mother.
The next day (day three since the first PM), I sent another PM telling her a little about me.
Since the first day that I sent the message, I have received no replies and the number of profile views for me has not increased.
Now my questions:
Is there a way I can tell if the messages I sent were read?
Did I do something wrong by using the PM button to send?
Is there a recommended way to make first contact?
Thanks to all for info and help!