Advertisements
Advertisements
Do a little research to find the supervisors name. Call her, it will probably be a message, make it as NICE and SWEET as possible, no frustration or anger in your voice at all. "Hi Supervisor lady, this is BestMomEver, I just wanted to see if you had any questions on our home study that I can help answer. I really appreciate this, we are so excited about this step our lives, hopefully I will be able to meet you one day while I am in the office. If I can answer any questions on it call me at 555-555-5555, thanks, have a great day!!!"
Remember, NO sarcasm, kill them with kindness, works every time, I get customers fusing me out to switching to spending more money using this method!
Good Luck!
Advertisements
Finally heard back. The supervisor rejected it because DH had a (not violent, non kid related) misdemeanor 17 years ago that we listed on our application. Even though it did not come up in the background check, they are demanding a copy of the disposition. It better not cost anything to get a copy because I swore I was not spending another dime on anything for getting licensed until we had the license in hand.
And thanks for the advice, but I can't call them. I won't be able to be nice. I am too fed up. The good news is, that we are fully indoctrinated now. I will not be bending at all for CPS when they finally place children with us.
I am sorry, Bestmom!! How annoying. You do the right thing, then they sit on it forever. I hope you are able to get the disposition quickly and free! I hope this doesn't hold you up too much longer.
It turns out that it got flagged in an audit and it got flagged on everyone in the same situation. Not just us. After spending a day on the phone, i turns out that what we thought was a misdemeanor was actual just a moving voilation. Which would be awesome except it IS a misdemeanor in our state. So there is no disposition (or even a record) in the state of the ticket 17 years ago but our state is insisting on having one. Should be fun times trying to straighten this one out!
I hate the state! It took a few days to get my dads disposition, should have taken weeks but I'm a pit bull when "I" can actually do something. Then they didn't send the last page that had the final outcome. So now the background check lady has had the last page for over two weeks!:grr: and still no word, I mean how can you not open at least 4 emails that the agency has sent. I would call directly but I did that before and she chewed out my agency for it and I don't want to tick them off before even getting approved. Well this turned into a little bit of a rant but I just wanted to share that you are not alone dealing with the state.
Advertisements