Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thank you so much! I think I just needed some encouraging words. My husband is military and is gone for the month, and I haven't been able to talk to him in almost two weeks. I needed someone to talk to who can relate.
I am soooooooo blessed with all three of my children!!! My bio daughter wasn't your typical teenager and never went through the attitude phase, always loves being with me, was never embarrassed to be seen with me...you know. The typical teenage stuff you oftentimes see. These boys are incredible! I think they have missed out on years of nurturing and being loved, so they actually really love to be with me, and we hang out all of the time playing games, singing, talking, playing "Just Dance," etc. The oldest told me a few days ago that he never knew what love was until he moved here with us. *sigh* I melted. So, I guess not only are they learning what love is, but they are learning how to love, too. After I posted on here, I heard, "Love you!" from my youngest, and the oldest texted that he loved me. I need to be a little more patient, huh? :)
We had an issue two nights ago with a bio aunt on FB. It really upset the boys, and the oldest asked me to talk to his mom about it. I sent her a PM, and we had a nice conversation. She completely supports the adoption and is so happy for all of us. It really helps the boys to know that their mom, other siblings and relatives are 100% in favor of this adoption. Because of the negative aunt, I am now friends with the boys' bio mom and dad on FB. It's different. I was intimidated by their bio parents before this happened because I know how much the boys love their parents. Their dad has not been happy about the adoption, but after the "issue," he apologized to the boys about their aunt and said that no matter what, he wants his sons to be well taken care of and happy, and for the first time, he acknowledged us as their adoptive family and that he is happy that they are happy with us. He actually asked me to be his friend on FB, so he initiated it. I didn't. So, all in all, FB has been a very positive thing for the boys. They know that their parents are happy for them and want the best for them. It has made their transition into our home a lot easier, I believe.
Thank you for replying! I really appreciate it!