Advertisements
Advertisements
Let me explain. I am 28. A stay at home wife. My husband and I are not able to have children so we want to adopt. We start training classes in Feb to become adoptive parents. We are adopting a child from foster care who needs a home. We just don't have much experience with special needs or medical needs, but our hearts are being drawn to them, especially autism and down syndrome. The process of getting approved and matched will take awhile, so during this time, we want as much experience as possible.
We live in Bloomington, Indiana, on the west side. My husband works full time and has the car. If we're volunteering, would it be rude to request transport?
Anyways, are there any good places to request this type of thing? My hours are flexible and I want to be in your home, with mom or dad, helping me learn how to care for your child. If and when you believe I can handle it alone, I would be willing to babysit on days you have to be somewhere. Transportation will need to be provided for me and food and supplies will need to be provided for your child.
I am volunteering my time here. 1 or 2 days a week, a few hours a day, more if it is needed. We can work this out. I will submit to a background check and give references.
Thanks. Please share places you know that are good for this kind of thing, or if you are someone who needs a in home sitter/helper with a special needs child in Bloomington, Indiana, please reply.
[Also if this isn't allowed, I apologize. I didn't know where else to ask.]