Advertisements
Advertisements
I meant to say frustrated with the foster care system. agency was great. Husband did not go last night. I felt awkward at first being there with no children. But there was alot of good conversation and answers to good questions. I hope you get a placement soon. Our count I quess doesn't TPR very often;( so I was bummed about that. I'm heading to bed. So tired stayed up last night for the Michigan game .
Advertisements
No placement yet so still waiting for that. Me and hubby have some errands to run on Monday so I wouldn't mind if we don't get one til after that. I am still planning on going to training next week and I think I talked hubby into going with me. I reminded him that it counts towards are hours of training later when we have to renew our license. I think that did it because he won't want to go by himself later on. I am really getting sick of all of this rain. I have standing water all over in my yard. My ducks are loving it but they are the only ones. I want to get out and finish my yard work. I am starting to get bored being cooped up in the house. The only things left for me to do are move a few things around once I get the call, but other than that, everything is done.
I am sure you will get a placement fairly quickly. Glad you talked hubby into going. My eyes are like puff balls today. I cried so hard when I got home last night. My hubby had to take my dog and have her put to sleep:( it's sad but we let it go on for along time and just could watch her like that anymore;( I am just trying to pass the time on a daily basis. Having our friends over this afternoon to celebrate a birthday. Cleaning house this morning. I have been reading books and articles about behaviors and how to deal with them. So I am better prepared when we get matched. Looking forward to the future ;) I hope you hear soon;) I wish the rain would stop makes me feel so sleepy.
Going to my first mom2mom sake this morning. I let you know what it's like a little later. Hope your enjoying your weekend;)
I am sorry about your dog. I have lost pets before and it never gets any easier. When my Beagle died 8 years ago, I think I cried for 2 weeks straight. I have a Dachsund now that is 17 years old and I got him when he was only 2 months old. I am going to clean house today and since it is actually going to be nice out, I will go out and do a few things in the yard. All of the rain and gloom is a little depressing. My actual license came in the mail yesterday. It made it even more real that we are finally licensed. I am going to frame it. Hope you find some good deals at the sale.
Advertisements
This is such great news;) you got your license;) yea yea yea celebration come on;) lol. Happy for you. It will be 2 weeks since our Homestudy Wednesday that means 6 more weeks... Yes.. It's gonna come fast hopefully. Bought a extra outdoor toy box today by step 2 for 10 bucks.. She used it out side. So brought it home a cleaned it up. Looks great. Now just to fiqure out what to put in it.. I not planning to buy anything new for outside do ill just wait to garage sale for that later on. Hopefully you will hear about a placement very soon. I'm sitting out on my front patio enjoying the sun. Then I need to run to town and grab some gardening tools. Need new one. So I can start pulling weeds. Can believe how fast everything is growing. My husband had a overturn on his business. He had a meeting with the city council and now he is allowed to open as soon as he fixes 3 things that need replaced. So that's gonna be different. He hasn't worked outside the home in 5 years. I can already fiqure out I'm going to be bored. Need to make another to do list;) I would like to paint another bedroom soon. Although I'm burned out from painting;) excited about getting started on the yard work today. I am waiting for a lady to call me about some playdoh toys and accessories. She said she would be back around. 4:30. Hoping she calls soon because I really don't want to get down and dirty and have to go into town. :) prayers you get a placement soon!! Ttyl
No word on a placement yet, but for some reason, I am not as impatient for that as I was getting my license. I figure it will happen when it is meant to happen. I look at it like it just gives me more time to prepare. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Me and hubby were outside most of the day making our list of projects that we want to have done by the end of the summer. Not to big a list, but they have just been things we have been putting off. I have done about everything I can do in the house, so these rainy days make things alittle boring for me. And they are pretty much calling for rain every day this week. :eek: Hubby wants to start riding his motorcycle into work, but the weather just isn't cooperating with him. I am still waiting for garage sales and haven't seen any yet. Usually they are in the local paper by now. I think I have bought about all I am going to until we get our first placement. I still have some things in layaway, so that should be good enough for now.
I am glad you are loving you outdoor time. Went and bought new gardening tools so waiting for the rain to stop got a lot of weeds to pull. That will take 2-3 days because I have a lot of flower beds;) I love gardening , pretty passionate about it... Hubby got the news he can officially open his new business. He is on another cloud;)! So I am going to help him get stuff set up.. Other than that nothing to report.
That would be nice to have your own business. I think that is everyone's dream. I know it would be mine. I have alot of flower beds also. I love it, but the weeds make me wish I didn't have so many beds. I HATE weeding!! I am not going to be liking this weather today. Severe storms really scare me. All is quite as far as the fostering goes.
Advertisements
Hubby is opening on Monday. He is taking today off and gonna enjoy one last day off at home before doing inventory Saturday and Sunday. I am just praying I can pull weeds today. I need to get it done flowers are coming up like crazy with all the rain.. Physical therapy on my Achilles' tendon again today. 4 more weeks and I'm done with it I Pray. Looking for a new Doctor now. It took my doctor 1 week to sign a renewal script so I missed 1 week of therapy. Plus one girl there was so rude to me and my therapy place it was horrible. She should not work with the public... Have a great Friday. I work Sat and Sun looks like some crazy weather next week too . Cold;(
I haven't gotten outside in a few days. First we had all of that rain and now we are back to freezing! Mid 70's one day and then seeing flurries 2 days later and freezing our butts off. I wish winter would go away! I will be cleaning today and doing laundry. Hubby had the past couple of days off and when he is home, I don't get alot done. I would rather spend the time with him relaxing. Other than that, all is quiet here. I lead such a boring life lol.
This Weather is ridiculous. Wish it would make up its mind. No yard work here but I see the grass and weeds are 4 inches high now;(? I worked this weekend and my husband is opening his business today. He wants me to work on store polices today and a flyer. This morning I am going to physical therapy and birthday shopping for my mom. Then heading to her house to hang out with her. Her birthday is tomorrow and I work;( Then back home for Cleaning because my Husband is not focused on our house with the business starting up so you know what that means;) it's all me. I will stop by his new business today just to see how things are going but just for a few minutes. No word here on any progress. I think I will email her today. Just to see when she wants to come for the next visit.
Not sure what is going on with the little boy that they wanted to place with us. The worker called yesterday asking us if we would be willing to drive him back and forth to his school which is a total of 3 hours driving back and forth everyday. She was going to talk to his worker about having him transferred to our school district, but I haven't heard back. I am assuming they are keeping him closer to his school. It would better for him if he didn't switch schools anyway. They said he has already been to 3 different schools this year alone. I feel bad for him, but I don't know if I can commit to doing that everyday for the next 6 weeks or so. Plus, it would cost me about $250 a week and I know they won't reimburse me for that.
Advertisements
I wanted to ask you if you would rather PM on Facebook instead of talking on here. I noticed that this thread gets alot of views but no one says a word. I have to wonder if there are more lurkers :popcorn: on here than people that actually talk when I see alot of unanswered questions. Plus I like the group we are in better. Let me know if you would rather continue on here or switch.:)
Yes we can definitely convert it would be easier than trying to sign in here everyday. ;) well I quess its best for him to stay at his current school. I have a feeling you will have a placement soon;) weird before I read this I almost PM you on Facebook then thought I had better check to see if you had posted;)